Monday, November 3, 2008

No TV Day One

Day one has gone significantly better than I had anticipated. I expected tantrums in the morning when she woke up, at lunch and all afternoon. Instead Isabelle never mentioned tv this morning before work but sat at the counter and enjoyed breakfast with me. We did have a discussion about quiet time because it has deteriorated into "tv quiet time". So now it is "upstairs toys" or "downstairs toys" quiet time. Once she realized these were her only choices she was fine. Half way through quiet time she switched locations but as long as I am not bothered I don't care. I did have a brief moment of weakness after quiet time when I hadn't quite finished my task and she wanted to get on the computer where she watches videos on the web. I let her but it was only a 5 or 10 minute video on the computer. Does that count? She started coloring while I was making dinner and now that it is in the oven and Isabelle is still occupied I don't really know what I am supposed to be doing right now. I guess that is one of the questions I am trying to answer this week without tv.

1 comment: