Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Praying through transition

How many posts on the transition to full time work am I allowed?  I think I have a few more in me but I will try to spread them out.

This weekend I was in search of a book on working moms.  I found one which I ordered from Amazon called, "Moms at Work".  I will let you know how it is when I get it. Just reading through the intro and a few little bits online I am pretty sure I am going to love it.

One thing I have been trying to do is keep up my daily time with God and get a little exercise in each morning even if it is just a 15 minute walk around the block.  Of course today I am blogging during that time with God so I better write quickly if I am going to stay on track!  Anyway, I remembered something I had realized a while ago.  When I focus outside myself I enjoy my life more.  Basically when I just sit around ruminating about my life, my perceived or real problems and what to do about them it is depressing, overwhelming, all-consuming.  When I put God on my problems and spend my time praying for and encouraging others my life somehow seems more doable.

So basically my thought of the week is that I am going to stop dwelling on this change, on the overwhelming magnitude of working full time for the next 6 years and all the ways my life will never be the same and instead focus on others.  Which is really what my at home years were all about.  Why should that change now?

So how can I pray for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment