Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Bring it on

Some days are stressful.  Some weeks are stressful.  Some years are stressful.  It is part of life.  The question is, "how do we deal with that stress?"

I often wonder particularly during times of stress, what it would be like to not know God.  How do you get up every day thinking this is it?  This just might be as good as it gets for me.  Even when life is good that is a depressing thought.  When I am stressed I cannot imagine not knowing that God has a plan and is preparing me for a future in Glory with Him.

Usually when we are really stressed out, as we were this past weekend when John had a major problem come up at his job site, I like to consider the worst case scenario.  In this case it would be not getting paid for the job, getting sued, having to close the business, loose the house and file bankruptcy.  Yes that would be terrible but then again there are days when I just want to chuck it all and start over again.  So I guess once you get through the mess it might be good.  After you go there the reality doesn't seem too bad.

I know it is probably weird that following my stress out to the worst case scenario makes me feel better but I am just special that way.  I think it is because I know that no matter what I am nestled safe in my Father's arms.  I have started living my life with an attitude of, "what next God?"  "Can't wait to see how you are going to work in this one."  My job is simply to do my job.  God's job is to make it all work together for His good and over the years I have discovered it is pretty fun to see him make that happen.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Rom 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment