Tuesday, January 11, 2011

It's all good

I think the older I get the less things rattle me.  Not that I have ever been one to get all crazy emotional over things but definitely in my youth I was much more easily overwhelmed.

This weekend within a day and a half I had 3 things hit me.  One was Dorothy which i mentioned in the previous post, another was a big fight with my son and his girlfriend and the third was some potentially stressful news regarding my new job.  Normally I might shut down.  But, while I would definitely say I was off my game, this weekend I never felt rattled.

I know God is here.  I know he is working.  I know God has placed me in this job and whatever He has for me there I am ready to walk through.  I know my son and I believe God is walking with us as we prepare him for adulthood.  And I know God is with Dorothy.

I don't know why God does what He does.  I don't know why he socks us with so many things at once, why he doesn't spread these things out a little more.  But I know this..."in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Rom 8:28

So I am just going to relax and watch God work.

No comments:

Post a Comment