Saturday, September 29, 2012

Warm fall day update


It is a lovely fall day.  We are in the midst of probably the last stretch of warm fall days before the cool weather settles in and I make the wardrobe change over to sweaters, pants and warm jackets putting  away the tank tops, shorts and flip flops.  I am going to force myself to be present this weekend and enjoy it.  Not that I don't enjoy warm fall weekends normally but I am finding that as my mind is constantly on work and figuring out how to make money and how to be a better parent while working and, and, and, that I sometimes forget to stop and relax and enjoy my life.

Before I head out to enjoy it I thought I would leave you with a few things I am working on.

I have officially launched my new web site, "From Homemaker to Working Mom: Encouragement as you transition back to work."  Check it out, share it on your facebook page and tell all your friends about it.  And I am working to figure out how to support the family while John is in school.  I am still trying to figure out how hard it is to make $5,000/month over at my Melanie, Inc blog.  So you can see where I am with that over there.

In case you are wondering what my son is up to:

Middle kid, getting ready for an early morning run.  HooAh (how do you spell that?)

Far left, apparently after they all crawled through the mud.

Yes that is him 2nd from left holding a gun.

Meanwhile, John has been:

Cutting down a tree in our front yard as well as many bushes.  Not because of his love of yard work but because the city sent us a friendly reminder letter to let us know we were no longer in compliance with code. The good news is that he LOVES chopping wood so he has released lots of stress in the backyard over the past few weeks and we will have plenty of wood to burn this fall and winter.

And we are trying to sell this bad dog on Craig's list.  No plowing this winter.  If you know someone who does want to plow we  have a great truck for them.

Meanwhile, I needed an author picture for an article I put on Article Ezine.  Since John was gone and Isabelle had no interest in being my photographer I entertained myself one morning holding a camera at arms length and smiling:




I am thinking I will need to find a real photographer if I ever actually get a paid writing job but I ended up submitting the last one.

While we have all been busy with our lives Isabelle has been doing this:


The picture of the guy on the TV is sort of how I feel about how much TV, Netflix and YouTube she has watched in the last month.  Some changes need to start happening around here...

So I am off to experience the wonderful weather and take my electronics addicted daughter with me!

What are you doing on this lovely weekend?



3 comments:

  1. There should be a couple good pictures of me going up on the RTB Facebook page relatively soon from FTX this weekend. And yes, Mom, it's hooah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say it's fun watching you experience his Army experience. I don't often get to see things from a parent's point of view. As a wife, I hear FTX and immediately think "Great, how long will you be gone this time?"

    I think that last author picture you took is great, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, the tv my kids watched this summer. Scandalous!

    ReplyDelete