Sunday, August 26, 2012

My new parenting role

Hello from Wheaton!

It has been an emotional weekend filled with good and bad but today is the day we will officially leave our boy to begin this new life.  We are ready.  He is ready.  I think after this weekend he is very, very ready.  I have been a little emotional...

Yesterday I read this verse from Col 4:2, "Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful."

I texted it to Jake in the morning but I think it applies to my new role in his life as well.

I have always prayed for him but going forward that will become my primary involvement in his life.  The devotion I have had to Jake and raising him to be a godly man turns into a devotion to pray for him as he takes the reins on his own life.

And as I do so I will be watching.  Watching to see God work.  To see his presence.  Yesterday I asked God to show us his presence as we were feeling emotional.  Although I was hoping for something a little more enjoyable than the emotional outburst I ended up having, God was very present for us in what happened next.  And I know He will continue to be present with Jake each day.  I am excited to watch Him work in Jake throughout this year.

Finally, I will be thankful for my son, who he is and the opportunity for him to be here learning and growing.  I look forward to watching for the many blessings of this year and to thank God for all he provides.


Ready for Orientation to start.


1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you handled it perfectly. It is an adjustment to become hands-off and only-prayer on - but watching them soar, well, that is a beautiful thing! Congratulations - you both are starting a new journey! BTW - I love the smiles in the photo!

    ReplyDelete