Since its purchase we have done many construction projects which John has been part of in one way or another. The first thing we did was take down some walls to create a foyer area outside the sanctuary and put in large windows and double doors in the back wall of the sanctuary. Then there was the covered roof we put over the front door and of course John re-designed the whole lower level. Not to mention carpet, paint, windows...We have definately put our mark on this building.
But we hadn't done anything in the sanctuary. It is such a big, important project we wanted to be sure we could do it right so we have enjoyed the charm of cracking plaster, dull paint and missing trim while waiting for inspiration and funding.
Here is a before picture from Isabelle's baptism:
During construction: the false wall is down and light is shining in through the plastic!
The window frame behind the false wall.
We decided we didn't want such a large alcove so John actually framed a new wall in essentially the same place as the old wall and installed the window frame it in.
Pentacost Sunday. We all posed after the service for a picture in the new space.