Monday, July 4, 2011

Giving thanks for a first month

I have been working for one entire month now.  I won't lie, the transition has been HARD.  Still we accomplished the goal of not crying last week (both me and Isabelle) and today I am sitting outside enjoying a perfect 4th of July afternoon while getting paid.  Amazing.

I am sure we will continue to transition throughout the summer but I am happy to report that I can now stay up past 9pm, our freezer is full of potential dinners, Isabelle lets me out the door in the morning without much fanfare, I am starting to understand my job and the people I work with are all extremely nice.

All change can be hard but there is still so much to be thankful for:
  • After a month of rain and clouds the sun has found Minnesota!
  • A beautiful wall of windows to look out every day.
  • Sitting in front of a gorgeous limestone countertop all day long.
  • A really great boss who knows what needs to get done but is casual and laid back like me.
  • Patient co-workers teaching me the ropes.
  • Morning snuggles on the couch with my little girl.
  • Family willing to spend time with Isabelle regularly while I work.
  • Cousins who are friends (mine and my kids)
  • A husband who steps up to help out as I transition.
  • Working air conditioner and a quick response repair man.
  • Years at home to create memories with my daughter and son.
  • Being a parent for 17 years to a wonderful young man.
  • A 34 on the ACT.  Yes he is a genius.
  • Morning runs
  • The community 4th of July parade.
  • Loosing the winter white hanging at the lake.
  • Dental insurance and comprehensive health insurance.  Lots of doctor appointments will be made this week!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment