Sunday, May 15, 2011

Waiting in Hope

Yesterday I read a devotional by Philip Yancey in "Our Daily Bread" about Patience that I just had to share.  One part in particular stood out to me, "God, who is timeless, requires of us a mature faith that may involve delays that seem like trials.  Patience is one sign of that maturity, a quality that can develop only through the passing of time."   Good stuff.  We can only learn to be patient by being patient.

I am realizing we are definitely in a waiting season of life.  Right now we are waiting to see what happens with John's dad's cancer.  We are waiting to begin the transition of John becoming a full time student and me a full time employee.  Then we will be waiting for John to finish school.  We are waiting for our children to grow up.  And I suppose for the past several years we have been waiting for God to tell us how to get out of this financial instability.  This list could go on and on.

"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His Word I do hope." Ps 130:5  This has me thinking about the word "hope".  I blogged about the word a couple years ago and the lessons I learned about what it meant for me going through infertility but I never put it together with my waiting.  As we are waiting we can believe that God is working for us, preparing us, has a plan for us.

So as we begin to transition into our new stage of life that can only be described as temporary, a place of waiting, I will have hope knowing that God has led us here and will lead us through.

No comments:

Post a Comment