Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My TV Sitcom Life

If my life was an old TV sitcom I think it would be "I Love Lucy".
 
I would be Lucy spend my days coming up with one hair-brained idea after another plunging forward despite questionable qualifications and warnings from other well meaning friends and relatives.
 
John might be Ricky some days coming home and shaking his head as he finds me frozen in the doorway with the electric screwdriver in one hand and a 2x4 in the other hoping he doesn't notice.  Other days John is more like Ethel getting dragged into a mess, standing there shoving chocolates into his mouth as fast as he can and wondering how he got there.  "I thought you said you knew how to get to Downtown Dayton's."  "I do, it is right next to the IDS, just drive toward it."  I have other Ethels in my life, "Hey Julia let's recover the chair in my basement. We don't need a pattern, we'll just eyeball it.  How hard can it be?"  And I am sure in future years Isabelle will be my willing little Ethel.  But John will always be my favorite.
 
Jake on the other hand Jake seems to be Fred.  He walks in at the end as we are standing in the mess oblivious of what is happening.  Other times he walks in a room, rolls his eyes and walks back out.  Occasionally he gets caught up in the wake of our insanity and enjoys every minute of it.
 

It is never a dull moment around here.  So stay tuned for many more exciting episodes.

 

What show is your life like?

2 comments: