I have had a lovely but quiet day today. I got breakfast in bed and my birthday poster which has become our new family tradition this past year. I stayed in bed until almost noon finishing up the final book in the Midford series. And then just felt like going to the como zoo and conservatory with Isabelle this afternoon so I did. Finished the day with dinner out with the family.
Because of our current financial state I didn't get any gifts, we didn't have a party and even dinner out was up in the air for a while but we decided to go for it anyway. However, as I was enjoying the day doing nothing particularly special I thought of all the things I have to be thankful in life. I don't really need more presents, I really have everything I need. (Although I will confess my parents were generous with me this year and it did put a smile on my face.) But my life is full. I have nothing to complain about, only reasons to rejoice and give thanks.
My birthday poster. They wrote all the things I am. It was very sweet.
Isabelle took my picture.
- soft beds
- healthy bodies
- lice treatment
- free tires for the work van
- 2 working snow blowers
- Knock knock jokes only a 5 year old can tell
- Adam, John's cousin who gave us tires and a place to fix the snow blowers
- Purdue, Jade's safety school which she got into this week
- freedom to study God's word
- A 5 year old trying to give rabbit ears to everyone in pictures
- Lazy Saturday afternoons
- A good book and a roaring fire in the fireplace
- vacuum cleaners to get up lice and nits from carpet
- the high heat setting on the dryer to kill nits off comforters, jackets and other large items.
- flat irons to destroy nits on the hair
- a great school conference
- Isabelle sliding along on the icy sidewalks
- Beautiful flowers to enjoy year around at the conservatory
- A new magazine in the mail on my birthday to cuddle up with tonight.