Friday, April 22, 2011

Why don't I listen?

I don't know if you have figured this out yet by I like to lead by example.  Bad examples.

I have been reading a book called, "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan.  If you haven't read it I urge you to run to the nearest store and get it.  Wonderful.  Life changing.  I realized that it would only be truly life changing if my husband and son also read it so my plan was to finish it before I left for Florida so they could read it while I was gone.  Of course I didn't finish it on time and was torn between taking it with me to finish the last 3 chapters or leave it for them and finish it when the return.  Repeatedly as I packed the day before and the morning of my departure the idea come into my head to leave the book because I would come across it while I was traveling and would finish someone else's book.  I contemplated where I might find this book and ruled out options and I am ashamed to say brought it with me.

And because God likes to teach me lessons one of the first things I saw when I walked into the condo was my mom's copy of "Crazy Love" sitting on a table.  There it was, the book God was telling me I could read.  And I refused to trust Him and listen.

AND, while God didn't tell me to leave "The Help" at home it was sitting on the nightstand waiting for me. I had sent Jake out to the Library last night to quickly grab the book from the hold shelf when I discovered I had finally made it to the top of the waiting list.

2 less things I would have had to bring.

What would happen if we truly trusted God to provide for all our needs?  That is one of the questions Francis Chan asks.  I think I know the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment