Saturday, January 11, 2014

More than I can bear

I had a little time and thought maybe a blog post or two was in order but wasn't sure what to write about so I did what I always do when I have time and no thoughts, I go to facebook.  There I came across other blog posts on a topic I can totally relate to right now.

"God won't give you more than you can handle"---MYTH!  Not in the bible, not even biblical.

Luckily in the past several months I don't recall anyone saying that to me but I am familiar with the phrase and I can testify to the truth of the other posts which assure us that God can and does give us more than we can handle.  And as evidence you can ask any number of my friends who will all tell you that I did not handle what God gave me this fall at all.  Smeared across the living room floor is how I described myself.

But, God was there, he walked with me, he picked up my burden and picked me up and helped me walk through my big trial.  That is what God promises.  I am probably years away from being fully on the other side of this trial but God has gotten me to a place where I can stand upright and move forward.  I do so because I know if any little thing comes my way he is right there for me to lean on.  I can shrug whatever comes my way right off my shoulder and onto his without skipping a step.  I hope I am done being smeared across the floor over this, God has taught me many great coping skills over the past few months, but if I do find myself there again, undone by far more than I can bear, I know he will be there to help me through it once again.

Since several people have already written well on this topic here are a few links to the ones I like:  Here and then this one HERE and this one HERE.

New year and on the other side of a big hurdle in this trial I am trying to move forward.  My mind is slowly starting to work again and I am dreaming of having interesting thoughts and ideas soon!  For now I am just so happy to be in one piece again and functioning like a regular person.  God is good.

"Then the nations will say about them, 'The Lord has done great things for them.'  The Lord has done great things for us and we are filled with JOY". Ps 126:3

No comments:

Post a Comment