Friday, January 4, 2013

Watch

2013!  I made it!  2012 was a year of growth, which is really just a euphemism that means it was hard and sucked but, we persevered while God taught us hard lessons.  The last couple months in particular were filled with trials at our house.  We made it through and didn't just hide while hoping the hard things would pass.  We faced them, did the hard things, had the hard conversations, faced the hard situations.  I wrote this fall about wanting to skip over the holidays yet knowing we couldn't go over or under them so we would have to go through them.  I believe the peace we have experienced as we started 2013 is the result of not running away from our troubles but going through them and surviving.

Look out 2013 her we come!  Lessons learned, new roads taken, a whole world sitting before us.

I have a new word for this year.  As you recall from my last post, I am going to be spending my year with Isaiah 43:18  “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.  See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland."  My word is "Watch".  I am going to watch and see what the Lord is dong in my life.  He is doing a  new thing in my life (New Thing!) and I am going to be watching.  Watching to see Him work in my life and the lives of those around me.  Watching for His truth, His power, His will.  Can't wait!  New Thing!

I am also working on some changes in my blogging for this next year.  I can tell you for sure I am going to bring this one to an end sometime in the next month.  Don't worry, I plan to create a new personal blog so you can continue to enjoy my every random thought but I am also working on some structure as well.  For instance, I am hoping to do a weekly post related to my word of the year and share what I saw of God and his power while I Watch this year.

And along with my new personal blog I am also going to be focusing on writing about my continued transition from homemaker to working mom over at From Homemaker to Working Mom.  Add it to your reading list. Yesterday I wrote about getting organized at home and work.  Some good stuff if I do say so myself.  In many ways I am starting over as I add work to my life but that doesn't mean I don't have anything to bring to this new life.  I did used to be organized.  And I will be again.


No comments:

Post a Comment