Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Real reason for Easter.

Tonight after Isabelle had prayed for us for dinner I thought it might be a good opportunity to talk with her a little about Easter and what it meant. Here is how it went:

Me: Isabelle do you know what Easter is about.

Isabelle: Yes!

Me: You do? What is it about?

Isabelle: ME!

Well I guess as long as we have that clear. She certainly is learning the lessons of the secular world. This Easter maybe she can begin the process of thinking beyond herself and moving toward a relationship with the One Easter is really all about. Jesus.

Then again maybe Easter really is all about Isabelle. Maybe it is about all of us. Without my sin there would have been no reason for Jesus to have made the sacrifice he made, no reason for him to have died, no need for him to have risen. I would not have needed to be forgiven. I would not have needed a Savior. But I did sin, I do sin, and I do need a savior. So Jesus did need to suffer, he did need to die and he did need to rise again. For me. So maybe Easter really is about Isabelle And me and you.

No comments:

Post a Comment